Sunday, December 14, 2008

Washing dishes

Who remembers washing dishes by hand every night before every household had a dishwasher? I have a very vivid memory of washing dishes with my friend when suddenly my dad picked me up, turned me around and made me sit in the sink of hot soapy water. He thought he was being funny and my friend laughed his head off. Lucky for me we got a dishwasher soon after that.

My kids were very good sports tonight. The dishwasher was full and nobody bothered to start it all weekend so my kids had a lot of extra dishes to wash by hand that they wouldn't normally have to do. I heard no complaints and the kitchen was cleaned in 10 minutes so that we could watch TV together. Now if I could just get them to clean their rooms that quickly!

2 comments:

Kati said...

I was just complaining to Josh earlier that my dishes weren't dry when I was unloading them. I think Jantzen pushed a button. I think I will start making my boys dry them, not me. Thanks for the idea.

Kati said...

By the way, I get Jaron to clean his room faster by telling him he has a certain amount of time to clean it or I will throw everything on the floor away. He usually has it done in 15 minutes.