Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pay Back's from Heaven


The day before Fathers Day we met Kathy and Eric in Boulder City to pay respects to my Dad and to ride the train that he had always wanted to take us on. I don't know why we never rode it with him, but I think he tried to get back at us that day for doing it after he was gone.

While we were at the park for a picnick, and just as we were getting started, the sprinklers came on, popping one of the heads off and sending the water straight towards us. It was like someone had opened up a fire hydrant and pointed it right at us. We had to hurry and move to a different table while trying to save our food and not getting too wet. I think Jace got the brunt of it. Hiding under a picnick table with holes in it didn't save him :)

I couldn't help but joke around saying that my Dad was messing with us from up above because he had always talked about riding that train with us and we just did it without him. What a way to get back at us!

5 comments:

Unguren said...

It seems like to big of a coincidence.

Kati said...

That's too funny...and probably true!

Katie said...

That's what you get for being party poopers when you're dad was here. Paybacks are classic!

Tara said...

LOL!! Funnnnyyy...

Can't wait to see ya'll next week!! We are more excited about that then our camping trip tomorrow!!

Lindsey said...

I scrolled down my blogroll several times and didn't notice this post until now!! It totally made me laugh and I'm sure your dad was laughing as well.