Thursday, June 4, 2009

Joey



Finally we have found a dog that fits our family. We have tried a mut named Papaloo that my sister gave Kylee for her birthday, we tried a Beagle named Griffy, and we tried a Jack Russell Terrier named Jake. I say "Tried" like we were renting them on a trial basis, unfortunately for them they all "Tried" our patience. Not to mention costing us a lot of tears and sprinkler heads.

We got Joey when we thought that it would calm Jake down if he had a friend to play with. Yeah, that didn't work! I had a mental break down and told Gregg to find Jake a new home, we kept Joey and life has been "Happily Ever After" with our little lap dog.

He is a good dog, although I can't get him to do any tricks, he has a great personality and minds us pretty well...for a dog. He loves playing with his friends and teasing the neighbor dogs. He loves going camping and to Grandma's house were he gets the good treats that I won't spend my money on.

I thought it was crazy when people would say that their pets were their babies, but I understand now and I hope we have Joey for a very long time.

3 comments:

Kati said...

Jantzen would be devastated if you got rid of Joey. It makes it nice for me...I don't have to get a dog, I just let him play with yours...thanks!!

Amy said...

Hi Trish. I hope you don't mind me following your blog now that I've entered the blogging world.

You got me totally missing my dog now! (I think Kylee met our Newfy. Long story short--he ran away from my parent's house 2 wks ago when they were doggy sitting and someone adopted him from the pound.) Not missing him enough to go hunt his new owners down and fight them, though. Glad you guys found a good fit. It makes a big difference.

Katie said...

I adore Joey! He's such a good friend for my Daysi! And I totally agree about our dogs being our babies! Daysi's my baby!