Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Middle School Follies


Caden is the only one I remembered to get a picture of on the first day of school this year. Pretty sad huh! But this post is about him so I am glad it was him that I remembered to get.

He came home from school Monday in his gym t-shirt saying that someone stole his polo shirt. This is just one of the problems with uniforms, cause it could have been any of the 1400 kids that go to school with him. He had to get a note from the office saying that it was OK for him to wear his gym shirt so that all his teachers didn't turn him in for dress code. Well, needless to say, he was pretty embarrassed, and to top it off, he dropped his binder and books as he walked into one of his classes. POOR GUY! He is already so worried that he looks like a nerd with his short hair and glasses and then this happens! AND he has a scab on his nose that looks like a booger.

I tried to tell him that everyone has a day like that when they go to junior high. I proceeded to tell him about the time I walked into the boys bathroom and couldn't figure out why the toilets were different. I don't think it helped much because he woke up the next morning and asked me, "what if someone steels my pants today?" I just laughed and said that he would have to change schools if that happens.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Poor kid- I really don't miss being that age, it was the worst and then we just have to go through it again with our kids.

Frenchy! said...

Keep pressing forward, Caden! It will get better! Caitlyn said the other day @ church,"Look Mom Caden wears glasses!" And she smiled @ me! That's a good thing...Caitlyn thinks he's pretty cool! That may not help the ego, when an 8 year old thinks you're pretty cool!
But you are!! :)

Katie said...

That's so sad! Tell Caden to keep an extra pair in his back pack for the next few days so he won't be so paranoid! Stupid kids-they'll steal ANYTHING!

Unguren said...

School is hard enough with out all of that other stuff mixed in. Hopefully no one steals his pants because that would suck!

Rebecca said...

If it helps, you could tell him you know a friend who accidentally took of her shirt in front her entire PE class - including the male teacher - when she was in junior high....

Yes, there is a story with and explanation on how this happened....